This article is an introduction to the cPanel home screen, which is the place to start for everything you do in cPanel. From the cPanel home screen, you can do the following:
- View status information for a variety of services on your account.
- Access cPanel features.
VIEWING STATUS INFORMATION FOR YOUR ACCOUNT
To view status information for your account, follow these steps:
- In the right column of the cPanel home screen, locate the General Information heading. The General Information shows your username, primary domain name and other basic information.
- To view additional information about your account, click Server Information in the General Information section. The Server Information page shows you information about your hosting account, IP address, software version numbers (including the cPanel version), and other features.
- In the right column of the cPanel home screen, locate the Statistics heading. The Statistics column displays information about CPU and memory usage, bandwidth transfer, and more.
ACCESSING CPANEL FEATURES
There are two ways to access cPanel features:
- You can browse the various home screen sections and click the appropriate icon. For example, to change your PHP version, locate the Software section, and then click Select PHP Version.
- Alternatively, you can start typing the feature name in the Find text box. For example, to change your PHP version, type php in the Find text box. Only a few icons appear and it's easy to see the Select PHP Version icon.
For more information about cPanel, please visit https://docs.cpanel.net/. Documentation for the latest version of cPanel as well as a selection of earlier versions is available.